* * * *
NJLWD wants you to be aware of websites that charge fees for filing Unemployment Insurance claims.
There are never charges to file an Unemployment Insurance claim in any state or territory. Please be aware that there are private websites that charge fees to provide information on New Jersey's Unemployment Insurance Benefits Program or try to offer assistance with filing an Unemployment Insurance claim. Anyone who visits a website that charges a fee for processing an application for unemployment insurance benefits should immediately exit that site before providing confidential information such as a credit card number or social security number. These other sites are not affiliated with or authorized by the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
Before unemployment benefits can be paid to you, you must file a claim for unemployment benefits. The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development does not charge any fee to file an unemployment claim. You may file your new unemployment claim, or reopen an existing claim via the Internet if you meet all the following requirements:
- All of your work was in New Jersey in the past 18 months;
- You did not work for the federal government in the past 18 months;
- You did not serve in the military in the past 18 months;
- You did not work as a maritime employee in the past 18 months;
- You do not reside outside the United States;
If you meet these requirements, we encourage you to file your unemployment claim via the Internet. To file visit our website at: www.njuifile.net.
Please note that www.njuifile.net is used for filing a new unemployment claim, reopening a claim (excluding an extended benefits claim) or claiming weekly benefits. It cannot be used to contact the agency. If you have a question about your claim or about unemployment insurance, click here.
To file your claim, please have the following available:
- Pencil/pen and paper.
- Your Social Security Number.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need your Alien Registration Documentation issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This includes your alien registration type and number, country of origin, name, and your Employment Authorization Card or Permanent Resident Card if authorized to work in the United States.
- If you wish to have your benefits directly deposited to your bank, your bank information.
- Employer information on all employer(s) in the last 18 months including: name, address, telephone number, beginning and end dates of employment, and reason for separation.
- A New Jersey driver's license or Non-Driver Photo Identification Card. Note: This is not a requirement for filing a claim, but can help to expedite processing.
Please be advised that if your computer is idle for 30 minutes or more, your session will "time out" and all of your claim information will be lost. If you exit for any reason before completing the application, all of your information will be lost.
The information you submit is confidential. The online application uses a secure connection to encrypt the data you submit.
If you do not wish to file your claim via the Internet, you may file by telephoning your Reemployment Call Center.
|Union City||(Serves Northeast New Jersey)||(201) 601-4100|
|Freehold||(Serves Northwest and
Central New Jersey)
|Cumberland||(Serves South Jersey)||(856) 507-2340|