Residential Counselor Job Fair
6 Gauntt Place
Social Services Bldg #2, Lower level conf. room
Seeking Residential Counselors to provide direct care services in a group home setting for individuals with
mental health needs.
This position's primary role is to use rehabilitation values, principles and techniques to help our program participants overcome barriers to independent living!
- Supervising, organizing and supporting recreational and/or socialization activities including but not limited to transportation to day programs; doctor appointments.
- Provide high quality services in accordance with consumer service plans.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts to address new and on-going consumer care challenges.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely billing of services based upon funding requirements.
- Complete assessments and implement Individual Rehabilitation Plans (IRP) based on program participant's desires, strengths and needs.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders so that program participants can fully integrate into their communities.
- Ensure a safe and clean environment.
- Deliver high-quality service in accordance to program standards
One of the following is needed:
- High School/GED Diploma plus four years of related work or life experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mental Health or related human services field
- Candidates with one or more years of college must possess related work or life experience equaling four years.
- Must be comfortable learning new technology
- Experience working within an Electronic Health Record system a plus
- A valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills - written and verbal
To apply online: www.eastersealsnj.org/careers
What To Bring: A resume if you have one. Please be on time!
RSVP to Jessica.Johannesen@dol.nj.gov to reserve a seat