Right at Home
6 Gauntt Place
Building #2, Lower Level Conference Room
Our family owned and operated home-care agency is looking for the best caregivers in Somerset, Hunterdon and Mercer Counties. We are seeking individuals who want to make a difference in people's lives by providing quality care, assistance, guidance and supervision with a warm, friendly smile and a genuine concern for their well-being. Experience with the elderly is preferred but not required. Ongoing training and education is available to all employees.
Certified Home Health Aide (NJ1306271)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide personal healthcare in patient homes.
- Care for the sick, disabled, elderly, terminally ill.
- Help patients bathe, shampoo, use the toilet.
- Help patients dress and undress.
- Help move patients with mobility issues.
- Help patients with simple exercises to maintain strength or range of motion.
- Help patients with housekeeping tasks like cleaning, tidying, laundry, errands.
- Change bed linens.
- Plan, cook, and serve healthy meals for patients, according to a prescribed diet.
- Help feed patients.
- Provide companionship to keep patients mentally healthy.
- Go with patients to doctor visits, appointments, social activities.
- Report problems to supervisors, nurses.
- Follow all health and safety rules.
- Follow patient confidentiality rules.
- Work with patients suffering from Alzheimer's or dementia.
- Work with patients recovering from surgery or injury.
- Care for hospice patients.
- Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
- Check patients' pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Accompany clients to doctors' offices and on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance and companionship.
- Perform a variety of duties as requested by client, such as obtaining household supplies or running errands.
- State of NJ Home Health Aide Certification
- Sign-on bonus, holiday pay, weekly paychecks, 401k and flexible schedules.
- If an offer of employment is extended, RAH will assist with the annual re-certification process.
RSVP to: Jessica.Johannesen@dol.nj.gov to reserve a seat.
What to bring: Resume