NJ Department Of Corrections
75 Veterans Memorial Drive
Conference Room B
Hiring for: Correctional Police Officers (NJ1370435)
- Openings Statewide
Seeking ONE Hundred new recruits for upcoming Police Training for
Correctional Police Officer positions throughout the state.
To gain first-hand information about NJ Correctional Police Officers,
email NJDOCHIRING@DOC.NJ.GOV right away!
- The New Jersey State Correction Officer is responsible, during an assigned tour of duty, to ensure the custody, safety, and care of criminal offenders confined in the State Correctional Facilities.
- The goals include: to provide the public safety and security through the custody and management of those individuals incarcerated within the Criminal Justice system; to ensure the safety and welfare of the staff and inmate population; to assist in the rehabilitative efforts for those incarcerated individuals returning to the community; to promote public support for the operation and objectives of the Department of Corrections.
- Please note, these are Civil Service positions. Candidates will take the Civil Service exam as part of the application process. RESUMES NOT REQUIRED!
- This is a full time positon paying $40,000 to $83,028/year. Once selected, you will be paid as a recruit from DAY ONE of at the Academy. (Training salary is $34K!) Academy is located in Sea Girt, NJ and candidates attend for three months. (Recruits have living quarters, meals and training available: Monday - Friday.) Upon successfully completing the training, recruits are sent to various locations statewide.
- Applicant must Able to run 1.5 miles in 15 minutes
- Applicant must Jumping, scaling, climbing, moving, lifting as needed
- Applicant must have very good physical fitness and conditioning
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma / GED
Leave: Paid holidays, Sick, Vacation/paid time off, Medical, Leave sharing
Retirement: Pension plan
Insurance: Dental, Health, Life, Disability, Health savings, Vision
Miscellaneous: Tuition assistance, Clothing/uniform allowance, Exception training provided
Please bring: All questions pertaining to the position.
Please share this job opportunity with anyone who may be interested in attending. It is encouraged, but not mandatory, to RSVP to attend this event.