Direct Support Professionals @ Community Options Inc
202 North Main Street
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you will help to improve the quality of another person's life; to make it richer and more satisfying for that individual. As a Direct Support Professional, you have the opportunity not only to serve a higher purpose and you are surrounded by individuals who are like minded.
The Direct Support Professional is an entry level role, which has the opportunity for growth. An amazing example, is our Regional Vice President, who oversees operations in New Jersey. She joined the company as a Direct Support Professional and worked her way up, through the company.
We currently have:
-Full time positions: 3pm-11pm
-Part time positions on the weekends: 7am-3pm, 3p-11p, or 11p-7a
$10.25 an hour to start
Wage differential for working weekends!
Who We Are:
Community Options, Inc. is a Non-Profit and Healthcare company which develops residential and employment supports for people with severe disabilities, utilizing technology and training. We recognize that people with the most severe disabilities need environments, equipment, clinical and staff support that are tailored to their very specific needs.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Getting to know the consumers through daily conversation and utilizing the Person Centered Plan to better align programming with the consumers¿ needs and interests.
- Work with the consumer to develop his/her goals and objectives.
- Plan shopping trips, educational classes and recreational activities that are in line with the consumer's interests.
- Collaborate with the Case Manager to develop and facilitate programs which meet the social, emotional, physical and personal needs of that individual.
- Daily documentation of these programs are required.
- Help individuals to be as independent as possible with activities of daily living and assist them as necessary.
- Administer medication(s), accurately and promptly completing the required documentation.
- Drive and accompany individuals to doctor appointments.
What Experience/Skills You Have:
- A High School Diploma/GED
- A valid driver's license
- Healthcare and Social Work
- 1 year of Home Health or Direct Care experience preferred
- Patience, empathy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to help others
- Solid work ethic.
- Able to lift 50 lbs or more.
202 North Main Street