75 Veterans Memorial DriveUI Conference Room
Hiring for: Direct Service Provider (NJ1291734)
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, paying $11/hr.
- Participates as an active member of a person-centered team that identifies and provides training and support services to each individual living in the group home
- Implement plans for individuals. Train on daily living skills, community integration, recreation & socialization
- Develops and maintains an interactive relationship with each individual resident
- Provides personal care to the residents while in the home and in the community. Personal care can include lifting, transferring, toileting, feeding, bathing, and dressing to give some example of the types of needs
- Gathers information and assists in the development of the Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP). Participates in the IHP review if asked. Participates in implementing the IHP and completing records on individuals in the group home
- Assists residents in completing individual responsibilities that teach effective home management. The residents are assisted in meal prep, laundry, cleaning, group home purchases, upkeep of outside grounds, etc.
- Performs minor repairs as able and informs Residential Manager of needed maintenance
- After completing DDD Medication Training, administers medications in accordance with Enable-s policies and procedures which conform to DDD guidelines. Records administered medications
- Participates in group home staff meetings & in-service training sessions. Completes required DDD trainings
- Communicates events that happen during their shift and reviews all logs at the beginning of their shifts to ensure they are informed of resident needs.
- Conducts scheduled fire drills and provides notice of any safety issues
- Remains on duty until sufficient staff coverage arrives. In an emergency, remains until the safety of all residents is insured
- Provides safe transportation for residents to medical appointments, programs and activities
What to bring: Resume
Please share this job opportunity with anyone who may be interested in attending. It is encouraged, but not mandatory, to RSVP to attend this event. RSVP to: Jessica.Johannesen@dol.nj.gov to reserve a seat. Please be on time.