6 Gauntt Place
Building #2, Lower level conference room
"Enabling individuals with disabilities to live full and independent lives within the community."
Enable, Inc. is an agency devoted to supporting individual choice that reflects what matters most to the people we serve and their families. We provide services, supports, programs, and living arrangements that facilitate full inclusion into community life. These include group homes, in-home services, and services that provide relief for caregivers.
Direct Service Provider (NJ1291734)
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, paying $11/hr.
- Participates as an active member of a person-centered team that identifies and provides training and support services to each individual living in the group home
- Implements plans for individuals - training them in daily living skills, community integration, recreation and socialization
- Develops and maintains an interactive relationship with each individual resident
- Provides personal care to the residents while in the home and in the community. Personal care can include lifting, transferring, toileting, feeding, bathing, and dressing to give some example of the types of needs
- Gathers information and assists in the development of the Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP). Participates in the IHP review if asked. Participates in implementing the IHP and completing records on individuals in the group home
- Assists residents in completing individual responsibilities that teach effective home management. The residents are assisted in meal preparation, laundry, cleaning, group home purchases, upkeep of outside grounds, etc.
- Performs minor repairs as able and informs Residential Manager of needed maintenance
- After completing DDD Medication Training, administers medications in accordance with Enable-s policies and procedures which conform to DDD guidelines. Records administered medications
- Participates in all group home staff meetings and in-service training sessions. Completes all required DDD trainings
- Communicates events that happen during their shift and reviews all logs at the beginning of their shifts to ensure they are informed of resident needs.
- Conducts scheduled fire drills and provides notice of any safety issues
- Remains on duty until sufficient staff coverage arrives. In an emergency, remains until the safety of all residents is insured
- Provides safe transportation for residents to medical appointments, programs and activities
What to bring: Resume
RSVP to: JessicaJohannesen@dol.nj.gov to reserve a seat.