ELI Homecare Agency
75 Veterans Memorial Drive, East
Our special needs son, Elijah, has cerebral palsy and other medical conditions. Having a personal care assistant for him has been a challenge due to staffing and other issues. We have a passion for assisting families in providing the utmost care and services that a homecare agency can provide. We are dedicated to promoting the most functional level of living for our clients...your loved one. In addition, promoting respite services to the family member who is the loving caregiver.
Hiring for: Certified Home Health Aides (NJ1214959)
- Full-time position starting at $11.00 depending on experience.
- Provide personal healthcare in patient homes.
- Knowledge sets include: Bathtub seats, Blanket frames or lifters, Canes, Canes or cane accessories, Certified, CPR Certified, Crutches, Electronic blood pressure cuffs, First Aid, Gait belts, Hoyer lifts, Patient lifts or accessories, Safety, Shower or bath chairs or seats for the physically challenged, Therapeutic ice packs or pillows, Walkers, Wheelchairs.
- Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
- Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
- Care for patients by changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning, or assisting with their personal care.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Accompany clients to doctors' offices and on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance and companionship.
- Direct patients in simple prescribed exercises or in the use of braces or artificial limbs.
- Provide patients and families with emotional support and instruction in areas such as caring for infants, preparing healthy meals, living independently, or adapting to disability or illness.
- Perform a variety of duties as requested by client, such as obtaining household supplies or running errands.
- Care for children who are disabled or who have sick or disabled parents.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age (Insurance Reasons)
- Applicant must able to lift at least 40 pounds
- Applicant must have a valid and current certification by the NJ Board of Nursing as a Homemaker-Home Health Aide
- Applicant must be willing to travel to client's home as assigned
- Applicant must be able to attend in-service trainings and orientation throughout the year.
- Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and paid time off.
Somerville One Stop - Conference Room 'B'
75 Veterans Memorial Drive East
Tuesday, March 28th at 10:00am - please be on time!
RSVP to Jessica.Johannesen@dol.nj.gov and put ELI Recruitment in the subject.